Monday, May 5, 2008

Best Vacation Ever!!

Well today was the first day back to work after being in Paradise for a week. We had so much fun! It was so hard to leave to come home and to try to force ourselves out of bed this morning! Here are some pic's of all the fun!! Warning There are tons of picture especially close ups!!
Day 1- 5:00 am flight to Puerto Rico! Notice our then pasty white faces!Walking up to the top deck to see the boat take off! Out of no where, it started raining so hard!

Day 2- Every morning we would all meet for breakfast, and plan out our day, this day we were in St. Thomas, and we went to Koci beach and snorkeled, played cricket (notice Travis's bat in the picture which got confiscated when we came back on the cruise boat because they said it could be used as a weapon), we also played Frisbee, ate at this great beach side grill named Mailman's.





Playing cricket! It was so fun and everyone was watching us. We don't know if it's because they enjoyed watching, of if they were in fear of looking away because we might hit them with the ball!

They have these awesome cases you can put your camera in to make it water proof. Only $20!! They work great!
Every night we had a fancy dinner! yum yum!
Waiting for the entertainment to start! We were never bored!
Day3- Dominica, was very rain forest like, we found the most awesome guide/taxi driver named Shy Guy. I wanted to bring him home and have him be my best friend. Total rasta.
So beautiful!

Then we swam threw these caves to get to this other waterfall. It's the same one Johnny Depp swam through in Pirate of the Caribbean. It was to cool.



Formal Night! We saw some pretty sweet get up there! Remember Saved by the bell? Puffy sleeves? Yeah.
Day 4- Barbados! We rented scooters and cruised to Silver sands beach. Some went body surfing, and some layed out!
The beaches were like a dream. This picture is almost perfect. Travis's hair ruins it! J/K (but seriously)
They drive on the opposite side of the road. With the combination of that, and Travis driving, we almost got hit a few times.

Day 5- St. Lucia, Boat tour!
This was a bat cave! You could hear and see bats!

Playing soccer with the locals.

Day 6-Antigua! 365 beautiful beaches. A beach for everyday of the year. They were by far the most beautiful. We went to one called Long Bay. The sand was soooo soft. There was a huge reef to snorkel on. There were all these cute shops, and a asked one lady how much this cute dress was, and she started talking Spanish to me, so i said, "In English?" she said, "oh I thought you were Spanish!" I smiled so hard! It was the best part of the trip!!!


I love this picture! It makes me laugh every time!

The 2nd formal night.... The night Brett got freaky and down! One of the hi-lites of the whole trip!
Day 7 St. Kitts-We took a tour around the whole island and took stops at these really pretty places. So Travis found his shirt and the little shops, and loved it soo much he wore it for 2 days straight! So if you see him be sure to tell him it rocks!

Last day in Puerto Rico!



Flying kites in PR. Well I think we are officially hooked to cruises. They are the best and we highly recommend them to everyone!

15 comments:

Merrells said...

Yeah! I have been so excited to see your pictures. It looks like so much fun! Now, I recognize Brett and Brit but who is the other couple with you guys?

sunni said...

Looks like so much fun! I am way jealous! PS.. Aren't you happy you didn't come back to dumb snow!!!

Jaci Moore said...

Oh my gosh!!! K that looked totally fun, but how did you find something different to wear in every single picture?!?! I laughed at you being so happy that the lady thought you were spanish. I guess you could've been offended cuz we all know you're cherokee!

And I laughed so hard at your comment on my blog. We loved Brit and Jermaine

Kensie said...

I am sooooooo jealous. Are you kidding me? Everytime I get onto your blog you have traveled somewhere.
Do Bret, Bracken and Travis all work together? What do they do? What cruise did you guys go on? I want to go on one the day school ends so I am trying to plan it out. Yours looked amazing so give me some details.

Laura said...

Liz!!! Hey girl! How are you? I don't think I've even seen you since high school, so hopefully you remember me! You look adorable and I didn't know that you married Travis! How cute is that??
It looks like you had fun on your cruise, cruises are the best ever, huh? I swear I gained like 10 lbs. on the last one I went on!
Well, keep in touch!
Laura (Mitchell) Smith

Laura said...

P.S. I'm adding you to my blog list, ok? :)

aubphotography said...

Liz, beeeee Thinnnnner! phart head! send me ur email adress.
taiese32@gmail.com

Hudson said...

Yeah, who is that 3rd couple!?

Jer or Stef said...

So travis didn't get too much cabin fever on the ship huh? I LOVE cruising but worry Jeremy will go crazy on the boat, maybe if we had more company...! I love your red shirt and blue swim coverup, I am SO excited to come shopping in Utah, I might need some of your help!

Andrea said...

LIZ! I just found your blog thru Morgans and I am SOOO excited you have one! I miss you terribly. My hair sucks. MOVE TO IDAHO..haha. Hope you and the hubby are doing well. U look gorgeous as always.

Andrea (Ponder) Roche

Blog oF Brown said...

I was loving your pics and realized "that those are the same things I love to do..everday!" Well we all know that it would've been an even better trip if Jocie and I were there. Next time. It did look like awesome fun and i've seen that exact same shirt on the homeless guy on our block! (though we know that if I was there, I would've got that same shirt but in a dif color or somethin)

Blog oF Brown said...

well that last one was scottie, and this is now jocelyn: i love the pics! i want to see more. it looks so beautiful there! i want to hear all about it and catch up on lost w you guys. see you soon!!

Heather said...

WOW! That looks like a blast! You have convinced Jared that cruises are fun & that the ship won't sink.
I like how you organized & explained your pictures! It made it easy to follow.

Morgan said...

LIZ!! I am so happy you got to go on your cruise and take a break! It looks like it was so much fun and I can't wait to hear about it the next time i see you :) I had to switch our blog address... so this is it now!

Lisa T. said...

What a darling blog! I love it. I found your link through Erica's. Your pictures are great. Your cruise looks amazing. I wish Brian and I had taken a cruise together before we had kids. Way to go for taking advantage of your childless years!