Thursday, May 15, 2008

Weekend in Detroit? What the.......


Now I know you are all wondering, why in the world, would I go to Detroit. Trust me if I was going to go all the way there, it had better be good. Indeed it was! I went with my dad, 2 of my brothers, and my sister, to sit front row, at 2 baseball games, to see the N Y Yankees play the Tigers. We are the world's biggest Yankee fans. (We even put an NY on our roof in Christmas lights during Christmas) It's so weird because I feel like we are like best friends with the players, and to only give me a head nod, well that really hurt my feelings!

























My sister got her ball autographed while I tried to take pictures. We pretty much risked our lives. The players come over, and everyone swarms like ants on a cookie. So you have to be pretty aggressive! This is Bobby Abreu the right fielder. They are so big in real life. At this moment people are knocking me around. I kept taking pictures of some one's head cause I was getting pushed so bad.










These are where our seats were. They were so sweet!






Jeter! All I wanted was a hug. Just one hug is that too much to ask? I mean come on!!












Alright so the Yankees ended up losing, but they won the next day!! Then Sat night we went to the Red wings hockey game against the Dallas Stars. We also got 2nd row seats, and they are in the play offs! I now love hockey so much!! It was a great weekend!!

11 comments:

Blog oF Brown said...

I noticed you have no comments under the Yankees. hum. Maybe it's cause they are in last place. I dunno.

Merrells said...

I'll be honest, I don't follow baseball at all (though I do like the Yankees uniforms best) but I love hockey! Sounds like fun!

Laura said...

The Yankees???
C'mon, Liz!
It's all about the Red Sox! :P
Even though it was a Yankees game, I'm still jealous, I love MLB games. And yeah, Jeter is a babe too...

The Belnaps said...

Fun Liz!! Im so jealous.. I only wish my brother would have been there! Geez, how fun though. I will make my husband take me to a yankee game one day! And your cruise.... I want to go so bad! That looked like a blast!

Whitney said...

liz, hey its whitney. look at you ya little world traveler. How fun, I would love to go to a yankee game I bet trav was jealous.

Kensie said...

It looks like you had so much fun.. seriously you and all of your traveling. I just have to tell you that you and your sister and beautiful

Andrea said...

you are hot. even in detroit.

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...

Hi Liz, how are you?! Its Ali from Studio 210, like 3 MILLION YEARS AGO OR SOMETHING! Ahh..apprenticing! I found your link on Lindy's page and had to say hi. You look so cute and so happy. I hope everything is going great, and that its ok I peek in on ya!

Sarah Larsen said...

You and I are in a fight!! I am green with envy you went to Detroit!! And not only going to a Tigers game but 2ND ROW at the Wings!!!!!! You are so lucky!!!!! hahahahahah (I am joking about the fight) but I grew up right outside Detroit with many years of Tiger's games and Red Wings games!!! Who did take the Stanley cup!!!! WOO WOO!!!!!! hahahahah

Jaci Moore said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that when I want to listen to good music I'll just come to your blog and listen to your playlist! Cool huh